Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New uses for things you are not using!



Using your recyclables to Organize!

Here are some terrific organizing uses for things you might have thought were useless.  


1)    Old product boxes you thought too pretty to throw out.







Use them to organize your drawers.  Used the ones pictured for my nightstand drawer.  Took me less than 5 minutes!



Shoe boxes work well too.  You can cut them in half and line them up for smaller items.  I love using the thick holiday boxes and their lids. 



2) Empty Oatmeal boxes






They are a headbands best friend.  I simply added an oatmeal box to our headband basket and poof – bye bye nightmare.  

Before

After

     You can omit the basket and just use the oatmeal box.  Get crafty and cover it with some wrapping paper or paint.  Go wild!


3) Small bowls (you like but aren't using)


     I have these gorgeous small wooden bowls that were given to me as a gift.  They came with a large wooden salad bowl.  I use the large salad bowl but always serve on my everyday dishes or china.  Never those cute bowls!  I love them so much I had to find new uses for them.  And I did - you can find them all around my house.  


     A bowl is always a good catch for those little items that belong in the area but don’t necessarily have a home.

  • Next to the bed in the guest room for their watch or jewelry. 
  • On a desk to collect paperclips or needed notes.
  • When assembling or disassembling items I always throw the hardware in a bowl on the floor next to me.  
          Here's a picture of one of those beloved wooden bowls at work.| I placed one next to my husband’s valet in the closet.  He uses it for receipts and such.  



(p.s.  I recently reorganized this little above space for my darling husband.  I will post about it soon.)

     Hope you can use some of these tips.  I am always on the look out for new uses for old things.  I’d love to hear yours.  


Have fun and get things done!

~ The Organized Friend



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the headband idea - that looks great!
    I too have always kept various boxes to keeps my drawers organized - works like a charm! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. You were the one who suggested bowls in the guest room too :)

    ReplyDelete