So it begins officially, an area of my own, where I can share my organizing thoughts and projects. I needed this! A good little outlet to plug myself into and spill out the thoughts of my head. Maybe this way I will get a little more sleep :)
I am starting this space for two
reasons,
1) to share organizing tips with
others (and hopefully hear theirs too)
2) to push myself to be crafty
A year ago, my life changed
significantly. My husband's new job moved our family 400 miles from the San Francisco Bay area (Livermore to be precise) to Southern California . I was pregnant with our
third child. I left a career I truly loved to be a stay-at-home wife and
mother. Big changes. Awesome changes. Albeit, Sometimes
challenging changes.
In the last year I have learned
just how challenging and rewarding being a stay at home mom can be. I
sometimes miss my old job but I've realized the aspects I loved most have stuck
with me. The planning, strategizing, and organizing skills that made me a
successful Operations manager transferred over to managing our days.
Being passionate about organizing keeps me sane. It also keeps us
on track. Our schedule doesn't allow time for misplaced keys or 30 minute
playroom clean-ups. And to be honest, even if it did, we would rather
spend that time doing more enjoyable activities.
My Team
Organization is a skill
learned with practice. The more you do the better you get. Those who
struggle with disorganization just have to find a set of rules/tools that will
work for them. Organizing is my passion. I know I am not alone.
I am starting this blog to share my challenges, successes, failures, and
retries. I don't know that anyone will ever read it - I am still
very excited to write it!
P.s. this covers #1 of my
reasons. I will cover #2 next time :)
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment