So I did it.
Completed a DIY project all by myself, someone mark the calendar! This is progress friends.
One of my
big projects around the house is updating the "Study Space". Making it permanent and implementing a handful of fixes. When
you organize a new space, always revisit it after a specified time and determine
what is working and what’s not. Evaluate
and make any needed changes.
Art supply storage was at the top of the list (well after
the obvious “make it pretty"). The current
system is cramped and hard for the girls to access.
I wanted
the new system to be cute, functional, and something the girls would
enjoy using. I thought hooks and buckets
and things went from there.
I started with two large wooden boards from Michael’s. I first painted them with the white primer we
had left over from our chalkboard project (My husband was the doer on that fun
project).
Next I painted them a bright green. Sydney , my 4 ½ year-old, helped me with
this step.
White robe hooks from Target were added next.
Using stencils and black craft paint, I painted “Inspire”
and “Create” on the boards. Like my buckets!
The $1 bin at Target never disappoints.
The buckets work great for storing things by type. The fronts look a little plain. I plan to stencil numbers/letters on the front. Maybe have a key of their contents in the work space.
Here is how they look in the space so far.
![]() |
| very un-staged photos I know - my photography friends are shaking their heads at me. xoxo |
Not perfect but done by me :). They still need some work. Overall, I am happy with the way they turned out. More importantly - the girls gave them the thumbs up!







No comments:
Post a Comment