Friday, September 14, 2012

Kids Breakfast Menu - Fun time saver!



Mornings with kids can be CRAZY!  Two of my three kids are in school.  We are super blessed that 1) the school is a half mile from our house and 2) it doesn’t start until 8:45  am.  Still it is no secret I am not a morning person.  Those little muscles that make my face smile sleep in until about 10 a.m. at least.  J

I love any tip that helps us get more done in less time.  This idea does that and its fun to boot. 

__________________________________

Create a menu!

If your kids are anything like mine, deciding what they want for breakfast in the morning often involves a lot of wasted time and a tad bit of aggravation.  My two girls take turns moping, being indecisive (even after I’ve listed a few choices), and just being unreasonable, “No sweet pea, ice cream is not an option.”

Our solution was creating a fun breakfast menu.  Our house, like yours I’m sure, is stocked with the usual suspects: cereal, eggs, fruit, and maybe frozen waffles.  Our menu consists of 7 staples and one mommy special.  We started with a nice sheet of card stock and added internet clip art for extra flare.  All entrees are served with fresh fruit.  Beverage options and some fun kitchen rules were added too



I placed our completed menu in a sheet protector and keep it next to our pantry.  Substitutions are sometimes necessary.  “The kitchen is all out of mini bagels today, we are serving English Muffins instead.”

Your menu is up to you.  I would recommend keeping the options simple.  It is a tool to save you time, not turn your kitchen into a breakfast buffet.  Involve the kids as much as possible.  Depending on your level of crafty girl you can decorate as much or as little as you like. 

Have fun and get things done!

~ Jennifer

1 comment: